What's the name of this vertical tab-like menu control?

by user61398   Last Updated June 14, 2017 08:16 AM - source

I've been trying to recreate this sort of component in JavaFX for a while. The thing is, it looks like a ListBox yet each item functions like a tab. In web design, I'd simply call this a "navigation panel" or something like that.

Here's an example of it from someone's Dribbble, it's the part on the left that controls what's being shown on the right.

Example of a Dribbble user page

I've seen these types of menus in accordions and all sorts. I just don't know what to call them other than listboxes, menus etc.

So, is the real name of this component a listbox or is it something else?

Answers 1

These are called vertical tabs.

January 17, 2015 17:04 PM

Related Questions

Search page design with logical operators

Updated May 18, 2017 12:16 PM

Paging Control vs UITabBar on iOS

Updated November 15, 2016 08:06 AM

Tab-based design for a productpage?

Updated April 25, 2016 08:06 AM

Where to put context-free controls in a tabbed UI?

Updated August 10, 2016 08:06 AM