Plastic on grill: is my family safe?

by JohnnyApplesauce   Last Updated July 10, 2019 00:17 AM - source

I received an unwanted letter and, my county not allowing open-burning, I used my closed-top propane grill to burn it. After sticking it into the slots, I realized that this is imprudent, because of the plastic in the envelope (and possibly in the letter: I didn't open in, only rip it in half). The letter is now thoroughly burned, though the charred burnt paper is still in the bottom of the grill. The only question now is how safe or unsafe is the grill? What should I do to clean the grill? Other than charred paper, there is no other visible residue. I have read this question, but the linked question is about rust and concerns bacterial poisoning, not chemical.



Related Questions


How do you avoid getting burnt by hot oil?

Updated May 15, 2016 08:07 AM

Are trace amounts of lead in seasoned bakeware safe?

Updated August 01, 2017 09:17 AM



Is it safe to boil water in a microwave?

Updated July 19, 2017 16:17 PM