I stored some sausage together with some blue cheese. There's mold (I assume from the cheese) on the sausage casing. It starts to look like salami (except with less mold). Is it still safe to eat?
The sausage is a käsekrainer, it was stored together with roquefort cheese in the fridge, for about 5 days.
If it was normal blue cheese, there's a pretty high chance the mold is Penicillium roquefortii, which is harmless. However, if the mold comes from something else, it can be basically whatever. In order to assess what kind of mold it is, you need to evaluate if it could have gone from the cheese to the sausage.
What kind of sausage is it? Was it saucisson or a dry sausage, or a chipolata, or wurst, or something different? Do you mean that it looked like salami before the mold grew on it, or that now that it's there it looks like salami? Was it already cooked? Were they stored in the fridge or at room temperature, and for how long?
If it's a dry sausage or already cooked, it's pretty unlikely that a foreign mold would appear on it, so you could conclude that it's the mold from the cheese, therefore safe. However, if it was a pretty "wet" sausage that you stored at room temp, I wouldn't suggest eating it.