Miniature tension rod?

by user79295   Last Updated December 19, 2017 22:21 PM - source

I need to hang a (light) decoration temporarily between two irregularly shaped stone outcroppings. I'm looking for something like a tension rod that I could place between the two stones (and would hang the decoration from the tension rod). The space between the stones is only about one inch.

Is there anything like that on the market? When I search for tension rods, I only find those used to hang curtains, and they are way too big.

This is supposed to be a temporary hanging, I can't modify the stones, and since the stone is irregular, those temporary glue hooks won't work.


Answers 1

This may not work for your particular situation, but it's the holidays, and it might help someone else. There are little metal clips that I've always just known as "brick clips" that come in two styles:

enter image description here enter image description here

The first type is made for standard sized square bricks, but the second kind will work for any size bricks as long as they have a somewhat regular mortar line. They can be found by searching for "brick clips" and are sold at the typical home improvement stores. Great for temporary or light duty use.

December 19, 2017 21:40 PM

Related Questions

Finding the right size of nut for a screw

Updated August 06, 2018 11:21 AM

What is this part called?

Updated January 16, 2019 22:21 PM